At our firm, our Aliso Viejo divorce lawyers fully understand our clients are going through what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. In case you need to have a divorce in Aliso Viejo and would choose to meet with a member of our firm, you can be certain your inquiry is going to be met with sincere concern for your family’s well being. If you have a possibility of reconciliation, we can help you. If there is no chance of reconciliation, we can assist with the divorce process.
Please contact our office for a zero cost appointment immediately. Each of our experienced Aliso Viejo divorce attorneys receives all inquiries from persons seeking representation for Aliso Viejo divorce proceedings.
Divorce could be likened to an uncertain business deal; you have to know you can depend on your partner. During the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your spouse, you can depend on our Aliso Viejo divorce attorneys to keep centered on your best interests and the welfare of your kids.
Our Aliso Viejo divorce lawyers assist clients with all aspects of divorce. Our Firm can assist our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Aliso Viejo
- How to file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your kids and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Risks of divorce mediation
For many years, our lawyers have provided Aliso Viejo families and individuals with legal representation along with sincere concern for their welfare. When you contact us to assist you together with your divorce, you will speak with a lawyer, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Phone immediately for a totally free consultation with an Aliso Viejo divorce lawyer. Call us now if you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your very first consultation is absolutely free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is different, for example, California was the first state to use the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage may be given if the court sees there to be “Irreconcilable differences” that have created an irrevocable failure of the marriage.For that reason this means that when a married person wants to end the marriage, he/she may do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
What are the residency requirements to be able to obtain dissolution of marriage?
So that you can be entitled to Divorce Aliso Viejo (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
After the dissolution case is filed, how long will it take to have the marital status over?
Marital status can’t be terminated until 6 months have passed since the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
What’s the procedure for obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge will make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process by which parties of the dissolution trade information and documents that are related to the case. One of the required elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form where every party lists the community and separate properties. Together with this disclosure, the parties are likewise expected to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
- Right after the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
When the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the attorneys will make a Marital Settlement Agreement that will include all of the terms of the agreement. This is a contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
- In case the parties are unable to agree on all of the problems in the case, a trial is going to take place.
- Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or after the trial has finished, one of the attorneys will make a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
This is the document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each lawyer.
Our Aliso Viejo family law attorneys can give knowledge that will help your life and well-being quickly. Call us right away.
Aliso Viejo Divorce Attorney
Are you currently dealing with an Aliso Viejo Family Law Matter? Call immediately for assistance. We handle these kinds of family law issues:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Aliso Viejo Divorce Lawyer
The word divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal end of a marriage. Each state possesses its own requirements regulating when a divorce can be allowed, which includes a residency condition and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There are both fault-based as well as no-fault based grounds for divorce. These, too, differ from state to state; while “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are common no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also vary with respect to the division of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage generally is one of the leading reasons for emotional problems in a person’s entire life. It can be very hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to sever the marriage and splitting up the personal property and the shared assets might be difficult. If there are children concerned, a hard situation becomes contentious and perhaps violent.
Having the legal courts to give a divorce requires a complex and lengthy procedure that can be draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Guidance from professionals such as our Aliso Viejo divorce attorneys can help get the divorce process go a lot more easily so that it is less physically and financially stressful for both sides. A family law attorney can certainly make sure that the right documentation is filed and that every alterative is explored to reduce the emotional and economic costs. A divorce lawyer can also assist a couple look for mediation if it is a viable option.
An Aliso Viejo divorce attorney is someone who is an expert in family law issues and who helps people dealing with a divorce or legal separation secure their assets and defend their rights and who is aware of such complex issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and will ensure that an already painful experience doesn’t turn out to be a lot more taxing that it has to be. Take care of yourself – phone our lawyers right away.