Costa Mesa Separation Attorney
At our firm, our Costa Mesa divorce attorneys understand that our clients are undergoing what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. In the event that you need to have a divorce in Costa Mesa and would like to consult with a member of our firm, you can be certain your questions are going to be met with sincere concern for your family’s welfare. Should there be a chance of reconciliation, we will help you. If there is no possibility of reconciliation, we can help with the divorce process.
Please be sure to contact our office for a free consultation right away. All of our experienced Costa Mesa divorce lawyers receive all enquiries from persons seeking counsel for Costa Mesa divorce proceedings.
Divorce is often compared to as an uncertain business deal; you have to know you can count on your partner. In the course of the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your spouse, you can rely on our Costa Mesa divorce attorneys to stay focused on your needs and the well being of the children.
Our Costa Mesa divorce lawyers help clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can assist our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Costa Mesa
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How to uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Risks of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For many years, our attorneys have given Costa Mesa families and individuals with legal representation along with genuine concern for their well being. When you contact us to help you with your divorce, you are going to speak with a lawyer, not just a paralegal or other employee.
Phone right away for an absolutely free consultation with a Costa Mesa divorce attorney. Phone us today if you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your own first consultation is free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) Just what are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State differs from the others, for example, California was the first state to apply the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage may be granted if the court sees there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have created an irrevocable breakdown of the marriage.
For that reason it means that when a married person wishes to end the marriage, he/she can do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) Are there any residency requirements in order to get dissolution of marriage?
In order to qualify for Divorce Costa Mesa (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period as well as of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) After the dissolution case is filed, how much time can it take to have the marital status terminated?
Marital status cannot be terminated until 6 months have passed since the service of the Summons and Petition was affected.
4) What’s the procedure for obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. At this hearing, the judge will make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution exchange information and files that are relevant to the case.
One of the essential elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is the court form where every party lists the community and separate properties. Together with this disclosure, the parties are likewise required to exchange current Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. Right after the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
When the case is settled by agreement, one of the lawyers will create a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will contain all of the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their lawyers.
6. If the parties are unable to agree on all of the problems in the case, a trial will take place.
7. After the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or after the trial has concluded, one of the attorneys will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
This is the document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Our Costa Mesa family law lawyers can provide knowledge that will benefit your life and wellbeing quickly. Call us today.
Costa Mesa Divorce Lawyer
Are you currently dealing with a Costa Mesa Family Law Matter? Call today for help. We deal with these kinds of family law issues:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- in a person’s lifetime. This can be immensely hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to end the marriage and splitting up the personal property and the shared assets can be daunting. When there are kids concerned, a hard situation can become contentious and even violent.
Having the courts to allow a divorce calls for a difficult and lengthy process that can be draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Support coming from professionals such as our Costa Mesa divorce attorneys will help make the divorce process go a lot more smoothly so it is less physically and financially exhausting for both sides. A family law lawyer can make certain that the correct documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is explored to minimize the emotional and economic expenses. A divorce attorney can also help a couple look for mediation if it is a workable option.
If you are facing a divorce, make certain you have knowledgeable representation. A Costa Mesa divorce attorney is someone who is an expert in family law matters and who assists people dealing with a divorce or legal separation protect their property and safeguard their legal rights and who is aware of such complex issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and will ensure that an already painful experience does not grow to be even more taxing that it has to be. Take care of yourself – call one of our lawyers immediately.