Fountain Valley Separation Lawyer
At our firm, our Fountain Valley divorce lawyers fully understand that our clients are undergoing what is, at best, an emotionally difficult process. If you need a divorce in Fountain Valley and would choose to talk with a member of our firm, you can be assured your inquiry are going to be met with genuine concern for your family’s well being. If you have a chance of reconciliation, we could help you. If there is no possibility of reconciliation, we could assist with the divorce process.
Please be sure to phone our office for a zero cost consultation immediately. Each of our knowledgeable Fountain Valley divorce lawyers receives all inquiries from individuals seeking counsel for Fountain Valley divorce proceedings.
Divorce can be compared to a high-risk business transaction; you need to know you can depend on your partner. During the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your husband, you can rely on our Fountain Valley divorce attorneys to remain centered on your best interests and the well being of your children.
Our Fountain Valley divorce lawyers assist clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Fountain Valley
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection methods
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Pitfalls of divorce mediation
We give importance to your trust and confidence. For years, our lawyers have provided Fountain Valley families and individuals with legal representation as well as genuine concern for their welfare. Once you contact us to assist you with your divorce, you are going to speak with an attorney, not merely a paralegal or other staff member.
Contact right away for an absolutely free consultation with a Fountain Valley divorce attorney. Call us right now in case you are seeking legal help with a divorce. Your own first consultation is free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is unique, for example, California was the very first state to implement the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be given if the court sees there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have prompted a permanent failure of the marriage.
For that reason this means that in case a married person wants to end the marriage, he/she can do so, even when the other spouse disagrees.
2) What are the residency requirements in order to obtain dissolution of marriage?
In order to qualify for Divorce Fountain Valley (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period before the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Right after the dissolution case is filed, how long does it take to get the marital status terminated?
Marital status can’t be ended until six months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What is the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
An average dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process by which parties of the dissolution exchange information and documents that are relevant to the case.
One of the essential elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form where each party lists the community and separate properties. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also required to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. After the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
If the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the lawyers will prepare a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will include all the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their lawyers.
6. If the parties are unable to agree on all of the issues in the case, a trial will take place.
7. Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has concluded, one of the lawyers will make a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each lawyer.
Our Fountain Valley family law attorneys can provide information that will help your life and well-being quickly. Call us right away.
Fountain Valley Divorce Lawyer
Are you currently dealing with a Fountain Valley Family Law Matter? Contact right away for assistance. We take care of the following types of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Fountain Valley Divorce Attorney
The word divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal conclusion of a marriage. Each and every state has its own specifications governing when a divorce could be granted, which includes a residency requirement and grounds or a reason for the divorce. There are both fault-based as well as no-fault based grounds for divorce. All these, also, differ from state to state; though “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are standard no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also differ with regards to the distribution of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and child support.
The dissolution of a marriage generally is one of the top reasons for emotional problems in a person’s entire life. This could be quite hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to end the marriage and splitting up the personal property and the shared assets might be daunting. If there are children concerned, a difficult situation becomes contentious and even violent.
Having the legal courts to allow a divorce requires a complicated and time-consuming procedure that is often draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Support coming from professionals like our Fountain Valley divorce lawyers can help get the divorce process go a lot more smoothly so that it is less physically and financially exhausting for both sides. A family law attorney can make certain that the proper documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is explored to minimize the emotional and economic costs. A divorce lawyer could also help a couple look for mediation when it is a viable option.
If you are facing a divorce, make certain you have seasoned counsel. A Fountain Valley divorce lawyer is someone who is an expert in family law issues and who aids people facing a divorce or legal separation protect their property and defend their rights and who knows such difficult issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can ensure that an already unpleasant experience doesn’t turn out to be even more demanding that it has to be. Shield yourself – phone our attorneys today.