Huntington Beach Separation Attorney
In our firm, our Huntington Beach divorce attorneys understand our clients are dealing with what is, at best, an emotionally difficult process. In case you need a divorce in Huntington Beach and would want to meet with a member of our firm, you can be sure your questions will be met with genuine concern for your family’s welfare. Should there be a chance of reconciliation, we will help you. If you find no chance of reconciliation, we could help with the divorce process.
Please make sure to contact our office for a zero cost appointment today. All of our experienced Huntington Beach divorce attorneys receive all inquiries from individuals trying to get representation for Huntington Beach divorce cases.
Divorce could be likened to an uncertain business transaction; you must know you can rely on your partner. In the course of the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social relationships between you and your husband, you can count on our Huntington Beach divorce attorneys to stay centered on your needs and the well being of the children.
Our Huntington Beach divorce lawyers assist clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can assist our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Huntington Beach
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your kids and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Risks of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For several years, our lawyers have provided Huntington Beach families and individuals with legal representation as well as genuine concern for their welfare. Once you call on us to assist you with your divorce, you are going to speak with an attorney, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Call right away for a free consultation with a Huntington Beach divorce lawyer. Contact us today if you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your own first consultation is free of charge.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) Just what are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is unique, for instance, California was the first state to apply the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage could be granted if the court discovers there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have brought on an irrevocable failure of the marriage.
As a result this means that if a married person wishes to end the marriage, he/she can do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) Are there any residency requirements to be able to get dissolution of marriage?
In order to qualify for Divorce Huntington Beach (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period as well as of the county for a continuous three month period before the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) After the dissolution case is filed, how long can it take to have the marital status terminated?
Marital status can’t be terminated until six months have passed since the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What’s the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage calls for the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge will make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then take part in Discovery. This is the process by which parties of the dissolution trade information and files that are related to the case.
One of the necessary elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is the court form in which every party lists the community and separate property. Together with this disclosure, the parties are likewise expected to exchange current Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. After the discovery is completed the parties and their lawyers (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
If the case is settled by agreement, one of the lawyers will make a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will have all of the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
6. If the parties are unable to agree on all the problems in the case, a trial is going to take place.
7. Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or after the trial has concluded, one of the lawyers will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that has all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each lawyer.
Our Huntington Beach family law attorneys can offer you information that will benefit your life and well-being quickly. Phone us today.
Huntington Beach Divorce Lawyer
Are you currently dealing with a Huntington Beach Family Law Matter? Phone today for help. We deal with these kinds of family law issues:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Huntington Beach Divorce Lawyer
The term divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal conclusion of a marriage. Each state has its own requirements regulating when a divorce may be allowed, like a residency requirement and grounds or a reason for the divorce. There are both fault-based and also no-fault based grounds for divorce. These, too, differ from state to state; while “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are typical no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also vary with respect to the division of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage generally is one of the leading causes of emotional turmoil in a person’s entire life. This is often quite hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to end the marriage and splitting up the personal belongings and the shared assets can be difficult. If there are kids involved, a difficult situation becomes contentious and perhaps violent.
Getting the legal courts to allow a divorce involves a complicated and lengthy process that is often draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Guidance from professionals such as our Huntington Beach divorce attorneys will help get the divorce process go a lot more easily so that it is much less physically and financially stressful for both parties. A family law attorney can make sure that the correct documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is explored to reduce the emotional and economic expenses. A divorce lawyer could also assist a couple look for mediation if it is a viable option.
So If you’re facing a divorce, be sure that you have experienced counsel. A Huntington Beach divorce lawyer is someone who is an expert in family law matters and who helps people dealing with a divorce or legal separation secure their property and defend their legal rights and who knows such difficult issues like petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and will ensure that an already unpleasant experience does not turn out to be even more demanding that it has to be. Take care of yourself – phone one of our lawyers right away.