Irvine Separation Attorney
At our firm, our Irvine divorce lawyers understand that our clients are undergoing what is, at best, an emotionally difficult process. If perhaps you need a divorce in Irvine and would want to meet with a member of our firm, you can be sure your inquiry is going to be met with genuine concern for your family’s welfare. If there is the possibility of reconciliation, we will assist you to. If there is no possibility of reconciliation, we could help with the divorce process.
Please call our office for a zero cost consultation today. All of our experienced Irvine divorce lawyers receive all queries from individuals seeking counsel for Irvine divorce cases.
Divorce is often compared to a risky business transaction; you must know you can depend on your partner. In the course of the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your spouse, you can count on our Irvine divorce lawyers to keep focused on your best interests and the welfare of the kids.
Our Irvine divorce lawyers help clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with many related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Irvine
- The way to file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Dangers of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your kids and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection methods
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Risks of divorce mediation
We give great importance to your trust and confidence. For several years, our lawyers have given Irvine families and individuals with legal representation as well as genuine concern for their welfare. When you call on us to assist you with your divorce, you are going to talk with a lawyer, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Contact today for a free consultation with an Irvine divorce lawyer. Contact us now if you are seeking legal help with a divorce. Your own very first consultation is free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State differs, for example, California was the first state to use the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be given if the court sees there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have prompted an irrevocable failure of the marriage.
As a result this means that in case a married person wants to end the marriage, he/she may do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) What are the residency requirements to be able to get dissolution of marriage?
So that you can qualify for Divorce Irvine (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period before the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Right after the dissolution case is filed, how much time does it take to get the marital status over?
Marital status can’t be terminated until six months have passed since the service of the Summons and Petition was affected.
4) What is the procedure for obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
An average dissolution of marriage calls for the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution exchange information and files that are related to the case.
One of the essential aspects of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is the court form in which every party lists the community and separate properties. Together with this disclosure, the parties are likewise required to exchange current Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. Right after the discovery is completed the parties and their lawyers (if they are represented) will discuss settlement of the case.
In the event that the case is resolved by agreement, one of the lawyers will prepare a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will include all the terms of the agreement. This is a contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
6. In case the parties are unable to agree on all the problems in the case, a trial is going to take place.
7. Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or after the trial has come to the conclusion, one of the attorneys will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Our Irvine family law attorneys can give information that will benefit your life and wellbeing quickly. Contact us right away.
Irvine Divorce Attorney
Are you going through an Irvine Family Law Matter? Phone today for help. We take care of these types of family law issues:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Irvine Divorce Attorney
The term divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal end of a marriage. Each and every state has its own requirements regulating when a divorce could be allowed, which includes a residency requirement and grounds or a reason for the divorce. There can be both fault-based as well as no-fault based grounds for divorce. All these, too, differ from state to state; although “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are common no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also differ with respect to the division of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage generally is one of the leading reasons behind emotional turmoil in a person’s entire life. It is often immensely hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to end the marriage and splitting up the personal belongings and the shared assets can be daunting. When there are kids involved, a difficult situation becomes contentious and perhaps violent.
Having the courts to allow a divorce requires a difficult and very long process that is often draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Assistance coming from professionals like our Irvine divorce lawyers can help make the divorce process run more smoothly so that it is less physically and financially stressful for both sides. A family law attorney can make sure that the correct documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is looked into to minimize the emotional and financial costs. A divorce attorney can also help a couple seek out mediation if it is a viable option.
An Irvine divorce lawyer is somebody who is an expert in family law issues and who helps people facing a divorce or legal separation protect their assets and defend their legal rights and who understands such complicated issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can ensure that an already unpleasant experience doesn’t grow to be a lot more demanding that it has to be. Take care of yourself – contact our lawyers today.