Laguna Niguel Separation Attorney
In our firm, our Laguna Niguel divorce attorneys understand that our clients are dealing with what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. In case you need a divorce in Laguna Niguel and would want to talk with a member of our firm, you can be assured your inquiry are going to be met with sincere concern for your family’s welfare. If you have the possibility of reconciliation, we can help you. If you find no chance of reconciliation, we can assist with the divorce process.
Please be sure to phone our office for a free consultation immediately. Our experienced Laguna Niguel divorce attorneys welcome all queries from persons trying to get counsel for Laguna Niguel divorce proceedings.
Divorce can be likened to a risky business transaction; you need to know you can rely on your partner. Throughout the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your spouse, you can depend on our Laguna Niguel divorce lawyers to remain focused on your needs and the welfare of the kids.
Our Laguna Niguel divorce attorneys help clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with many related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Laguna Niguel
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Risks of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your kids and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Dangers of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For several years, our lawyers have provided Laguna Niguel families and individuals with legal representation coupled with genuine concern for their well being. When you call on us to help you with your divorce, you will talk with an attorney, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Call immediately for a totally free consultation with a Laguna Niguel divorce attorney. Contact us right now if you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your own first consultation is absolutely free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is unique, for example, California was the very first state to implement the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be given if the court discovers there to be “Irreconcilable differences” that have created a permanent failure of the marriage.
For that reason this means that in case a married person desires to end the marriage, he/she can do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) Are there any residency requirements to be able to obtain dissolution of marriage?
So that you can be eligible for a Divorce Laguna Niguel (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses should have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Right after the dissolution case is filed, how long does it take to have the marital status over?
Marital status cannot be ended until 6 months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What is the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
An average dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. At this hearing, the judge will make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution exchange information and documents that are relevant to the case.
One of the necessary aspects of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is the court form in which every party lists the community and separate property. As part of this disclosure, the parties are also required to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. After the discovery is completed the parties and their lawyers (if they are represented) will discuss settlement of the case.
In the event that the case is resolved by agreement, one of the attorneys will prepare a Marital Settlement Agreement that will include all of the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
6. If the parties are not able to agree on all the problems in the case, a trial is going to take place.
7. After the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has come to the conclusion, one of the attorneys will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Our Laguna Niguel family law attorneys can give knowledge that will help your life and well-being quickly. Contact us today.
Laguna Niguel Divorce Attorney
Are you dealing with a Laguna Niguel Family Law Matter? Contact right away for help. We take care of the following types of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Laguna Niguel Divorce Attorney
The word divorce means dissolution or the legal end of a marriage. Each state has its own requirements regulating when a divorce may be granted, like a residency requirement and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There are both fault-based and also no-fault based grounds for divorce. All these, also, differ from state to state; though “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are standard no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also vary with respect to the division of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and child support.
The dissolution of a marriage can be one of the leading reasons behind emotional turmoil in a person’s entire life. This is often immensely painful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to end the marriage and splitting up the personal belongings and the shared assets can be overwhelming. When there are children involved, a difficult situation becomes contentious and perhaps violent.
Having the legal courts to grant a divorce involves a complicated and time-consuming process that is often draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Assistance from professionals like our Laguna Niguel divorce attorneys will help make the divorce process go a lot more easily so it is much less physically and financially stressful for both sides. A family law lawyer can make certain that the correct documentation is filed and that every alterative is looked into to reduce the emotional and economic expenses. A divorce lawyer can also assist a couple seek mediation when it is a viable option.
Be sure that you have seasoned representation. A Laguna Niguel divorce lawyer is somebody who specializes in family law issues and who assists people facing a divorce or legal separation secure their assets and safeguard their legal rights and who knows such complicated issues like petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can make sure that an already unpleasant experience doesn’t become a lot more demanding that it needs to be. Protect yourself – phone our lawyers today.