Mission Viejo Separation Attorney
At our firm, our Mission Viejo divorce attorneys know our clients are undergoing what is, at best, an emotionally difficult process. In case you need to have a divorce in Mission Viejo and would want to consult with a member of our firm, you can be sure your inquiry will be met with sincere concern for your family’s well being. If you have a possibility of reconciliation, we could assist you to. If you find no chance of reconciliation, we can assist with the divorce process.
Please be sure to contact our office for a free consultation today. Our seasoned Mission Viejo divorce attorneys welcome all enquiries from individuals seeking representation for Mission Viejo divorce cases.
Divorce could be compared to a high-risk business deal; you have to know you can rely on your partner. During the process of divorce, involving reorganizing the legal, financial, and social relationships between you and your spouse, you can count on our Mission Viejo divorce attorneys to stay centered on your best interests and the well being of the kids.
Our Mission Viejo divorce lawyers help clients with all aspects of divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Mission Viejo
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Risks of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How to uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection methods
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Pitfalls of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For many years, our attorneys have given Mission Viejo families and individuals with legal representation as well as sincere concern for their welfare. When you call on us to help you with your divorce, you will talk with an attorney, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Phone right away for a free consultation with a Mission Viejo divorce attorney. Phone us today if you are seeking legal help with a divorce. Your first consultation is free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is unique, for example, California was the very first state to implement the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage could be given if the court finds there to be “Irreconcilable differences” that have created a permanent failure of the marriage.
Consequently this means that when a married person wishes to terminate the marriage, he/she can do so, even when the other spouse disagrees.
2) Are there any residency requirements in order to obtain dissolution of marriage?
So that you can qualify for Divorce Mission Viejo (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses should have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period as well as of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Right after the dissolution case is filed, how long can it take to have the marital status over?
Marital status cannot be ended until 6 months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition was affected.
4) What’s the procedure for obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties in the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. At this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then take part in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution trade information and documents that are relevant to the case.
One of the essential aspects of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is the court form where every party lists the community and separate properties. As part of this disclosure, the parties are likewise expected to exchange current Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. After the discovery is completed the parties and their lawyers (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
In the event that the case is resolved by agreement, one of the lawyers will create a Marital Settlement Agreement that will have all the terms of the agreement. This is a contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
6. If the parties are unable to agree on all of the issues in the case, a trial will take place.
7. Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has concluded, one of the attorneys will make a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
This is the document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Our Mission Viejo family law lawyers can offer you knowledge that will benefit your life and well-being quickly. Call us right away.
Mission Viejo Divorce Attorney
Are you currently going through a Mission Viejo Family Law Matter? Call today for help. We take care of the following types of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Mission Viejo Divorce Attorney
The word divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal conclusion of a marriage. Each and every state has its own requirements governing when a divorce could be granted, like a residency condition and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There can be both fault-based and also no-fault based grounds for divorce. All these, too, vary from state to state; although “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are common no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also differ with regards to the distribution of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage can be one of the leading causes of emotional turmoil in a person’s lifetime. This can be extraordinarily painful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and deciding to end the marriage and splitting up the personal belongings and the shared assets can be overwhelming. When there are kids concerned, a hard situation can become contentious and even violent.
A Mission Viejo divorce is always a painful period for all parties involved, and it is necessary to fully understand the specific laws related to divorces in your region so that the procedure is as easy as possible. Laws and regulations regarding divorces usually change from state to state and perhaps from county to county, and it’s important to have somebody in your corner who knows the best way to navigate through the courts in your jurisdiction to help you reduce time and energy along the way.
Having the courts to grant a divorce requires a complex and lengthy process that is usually draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Support from professionals such as our Mission Viejo divorce lawyers can help make the divorce process run more smoothly so it is much less physically and financially exhausting for both parties. A family law lawyer can make sure that the correct documentation is filed and that every alterative is explored to reduce the emotional and financial costs. A divorce lawyer could also assist a couple look for mediation if it is a workable option.
In case you are dealing with a divorce, make certain you have knowledgeable counsel. A Mission Viejo divorce lawyer is somebody who is an expert in family law issues and who helps people dealing with a divorce or legal separation protect their assets and safeguard their rights and who understands such difficult issues like petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can ensure that an already unpleasant experience does not grow to be a lot more demanding that it needs to be. Protect yourself – call our attorneys today.