Newport Beach Separation Attorney
In our firm, our Newport Beach divorce attorneys know that our clients are undergoing what is, at best, an emotionally difficult process. If perhaps you need to have a divorce in Newport Beach and would wish to meet with a member of our firm, you can be assured your inquiry are going to be met with genuine concern for your family’s welfare. Should there be the possibility of reconciliation, we could assist you to. If there is no possibility of reconciliation, we could help with the divorce process.
Please be sure to call our office for a free appointment right away. Each of our knowledgeable Newport Beach divorce attorneys welcome all queries from persons seeking counsel for Newport Beach divorce cases.
Divorce could be likened to a high-risk business transaction; you must know you can rely on your partner. Throughout the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your husband, you can count on our Newport Beach divorce attorneys to stay focused on your best interests and the welfare of your children.
Our Newport Beach divorce attorneys assist clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Newport Beach
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Risks of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your kids and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How to uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Dangers of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For a long time, our lawyers have given Newport Beach families and individuals with legal representation coupled with genuine concern for their well being. Once you contact us to help you with your divorce, you will speak with a lawyer, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Phone today for a free consultation with a Newport Beach divorce attorney. Phone us today in case you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your very first consultation is absolutely free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is different, for example, California was the very first state to apply the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage could be given if the court discovers there to be “Irreconcilable differences” that have caused a permanent breakdown of the marriage.
For that reason it means that in case a married person wants to end the marriage, he/she may do so, even when the other spouse disagrees.
2) Are there any residency requirements in order to obtain dissolution of marriage?
So that you can be eligible for a Divorce Newport Beach (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period before the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Right after the dissolution case is filed, how long will it take to have the marital status terminated?
Marital status can’t be terminated until six months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What is the procedure for obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties in the dissolution will usually request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- he parties then take part in Discovery. This is the process by which parties of the dissolution exchange information and documents that are relevant to the case.
One of the necessary elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form where every party lists the community and separate property. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also expected to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. After the discovery is completed the parties and their lawyers (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
If the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the attorneys will prepare a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will include all the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
6. In case the parties are not able to agree on all the problems in the case, a trial will take place.
7. Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has concluded, one of the attorneys will make a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that has all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Our Newport Beach family law attorneys can give knowledge that will help your life and wellbeing quickly. Contact us right away.
Newport Beach Divorce Lawyer
Are you currently going through a Newport Beach Family Law Matter? Contact today for assistance. We handle these types of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- * Child Support
- * Establishing Parentage
- * Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- * Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
- * Conservatorships/Guardianships
Newport Beach Divorce Attorney
The term divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal end of a marriage. Each and every state possesses its own requirements regulating when a divorce could be granted, like a residency requirement and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There are both fault-based as well as no-fault based grounds for divorce. These, too, vary from state to state; though “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are typical no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also differ with respect to the distribution of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and child support.
The dissolution of a marriage can be one of the leading reasons behind emotional turmoil in a person’s entire life. This is often quite hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and choosing to sever the marriage and splitting up the personal property and the shared assets might be daunting. When there are children concerned, a hard situation becomes contentious and even violent.
Getting the legal courts to grant a divorce involves a difficult and very long procedure that can be draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Guidance coming from professionals like our Newport Beach divorce attorneys will help make the divorce process go more smoothly so that it is much less physically and financially stressful for both sides. A family law lawyer can certainly make certain that the right documentation is filed and that every alterative is looked into to reduce the emotional and financial costs. A divorce lawyer can also assist a couple seek mediation if it is a viable option.
Make sure that you have seasoned counsel. A Newport Beach divorce attorney is somebody who specializes in family law issues and who assists people dealing with a divorce or legal separation secure their property and safeguard their legal rights and who understands such complex issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can ensure that an already painful experience does not become even more demanding that it needs to be. Take care of yourself – call our lawyers today.