Tustin Separation Lawyer
At our firm, our Tustin divorce lawyers understand our clients are going through what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. If perhaps you need to have a divorce in Tustin and would wish to talk with a member of our firm, you can be certain your inquiry will be met with genuine concern for your family’s welfare. If there is the possibility of reconciliation, we will help you. If there is no possibility of reconciliation, we can assist with the divorce process.
Please make sure to call our office for a zero cost consultation immediately. All of our experienced Tustin divorce attorneys welcome all inquiries from persons looking for counsel for Tustin divorce cases.
Divorce could be compared to a risky business transaction; you need to know you can depend on your partner. During the process of divorce, involving reorganizing the legal, financial, and social relationships between you and your husband, you can count on our Tustin divorce attorneys to keep focused on your best interests and the welfare of your kids.
Our Tustin divorce attorneys help clients with all issues with divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Tustin
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Risks of divorce mediation
We give importance to your trust and confidence. For years, our lawyers have provided Tustin families and individuals with legal representation coupled with sincere concern for their welfare. Once you contact us to help you with your divorce, you are going to speak with a lawyer, not merely a paralegal or other employee.
Contact immediately for a totally free consultation with a Tustin divorce lawyer. Phone us right now if you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your very first consultation is free of charge.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) Just what are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is different, for instance, California was the first state to apply the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be given if the court finds there to be “Irreconcilable differences” that have brought on an irrevocable breakdown of the marriage.
For that reason this means that in case a married person desires to terminate the marriage, he/she can do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) What are the residency requirements in order to obtain dissolution of marriage?
So that you can be entitled to Divorce Tustin (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period prior to a filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) After the dissolution case is filed, how long does it take to get the marital status terminated?
Marital status can’t be terminated until 6 months have passed since the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What’s the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
An average dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge will make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then take part in Discovery. This is the process by which parties of the dissolution exchange information and files that are related to the case.
One of the required elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form where every party lists the community and separate property. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also expected to exchange current Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. Right after the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case.
In the event that the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the lawyers will prepare a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will contain all of the terms of the agreement. This is a contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
6. If the parties are unable to agree on all the issues in the case, a trial will take place.
7. Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or after the trial has finished, one of the attorneys will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Our Tustin family law attorneys can offer you knowledge that will help your life and well-being quickly. Phone us right away.
Tustin Divorce Attorney
Are you going through a Tustin Family Law Matter? Contact immediately for assistance. We take care of these kinds of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Tustin Divorce Attorney
The word divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal conclusion of a marriage. Each and every state has its own requirements governing when a divorce may be allowed, including a residency condition and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There can be both fault-based as well as no-fault based grounds for divorce. All these, too, vary from state to state; while “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are common no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also vary with regards to the division of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage can be one of the leading reasons for emotional turmoil in a person’s lifetime. This could be very painful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and choosing to end the marriage and splitting up the personal property and the shared assets can be difficult. When there are children concerned, a difficult situation can become contentious and even violent.
Having the courts to grant a divorce requires a difficult and lengthy process that is often draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Assistance from professionals such as our Tustin divorce attorneys can help make the divorce process run more easily so it is much less physically and financially stressful for both parties. A family law lawyer can certainly make sure that the correct documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is looked into to reduce the emotional and financial costs. A divorce lawyer can also assist a couple look for mediation if it is a viable option.
Make certain you have seasoned representation. A Tustin divorce attorney is somebody who specializes in family law matters and who aids people facing a divorce or legal separation protect their assets and defend their rights and who is aware of such complex issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can make sure that an already painful experience does not turn out to be even more demanding that it has to be. Protect yourself – phone our attorneys right away.