Orange County Separation Attorney
At our firm, our Orange County divorce attorneys know our clients are dealing with what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. If you need to have a divorce in Orange County and would wish to speak with a member of our firm, you can be sure your inquiry will be met with genuine concern for your family’s welfare. If you have the possibility of reconciliation, we will help you. If you find no chance of reconciliation, we could help with the divorce process.
Please be sure to phone our office for a free appointment right away. Our knowledgeable divorce attorneys welcome all inquiries from people seeking representation for Orange County divorce proceedings.
Divorce can be likened to a risky business deal; you need to know you can depend on your partner. Throughout the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social relationships between you and your spouse, you can rely on our Orange County divorce attorneys to stay focused on your needs and the well being of the children.
Our Orange County divorce lawyers help clients with all aspects of divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Orange County
- The way to file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Dangers of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How to uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection methods
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Pitfalls of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For many years, our lawyers have given Orange County families and individuals with legal representation coupled with genuine concern for their well being. Once you call on us to help you with your divorce, you are going to talk with a lawyer, not just a paralegal or other staff member.
Phone right away for a free consultation with an Orange County divorce attorney. Call us right now in case you are looking for legal help with a divorce. Your very first consultation is free.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) Just what are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is different, for instance, California was the very first state to apply the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage may be granted if the court finds there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have created an irrevocable breakdown of the marriage.
For that reason it means that when a married person desires to end the marriage, he/she can do so, even when the other spouse disagrees.
2) What are the residency requirements for you to get dissolution of marriage?
So that you can be eligible for a Divorce Orange County (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses should have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period as well as of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Once the dissolution case is filed, how much time will it take to get the marital status over?
Marital status can’t be terminated until six months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition was affected.
4) What’s the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
An average dissolution of marriage calls for the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will usually request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge will make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution trade information and files that are related to the case.
One of the essential aspects of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form where every party lists the community and separate properties. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also required to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
5. Right after the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will discuss settlement of the case.
If the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the lawyers will make a Marital Settlement Agreement, which will include all the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their attorneys.
6. If the parties are unable to agree on all of the problems in the case, a trial is going to take place.
7. After the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or after the trial has come to the conclusion, one of the attorneys will make a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
This is the document that has all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each lawyer.
Our Orange County family law attorneys can offer you knowledge that will help your life and well being quickly. Phone us today.